To make it easy to find the pattern you are looking for click on a picture below to go to the project details. We only have the projects that are currently completed, but we will add more and eventually have all of them here for you to navigate through.

Pattern #1 - Chain Link Scarf

Pattern #29 - Cupcake Hat


Monday, December 26, 2011

Pattern #1 Chain-Link Scarf

DSCN1901

Hello everyone, it is Brittany! I finally have a break from concert preparations (I had four concerts this December) and can take some time to relax. On some of my time off I would like to share some of my recent knitting projects.

Today, I am going to talk about the chain-link scarf. This scarf is rather simple and fun to make. One thing I really like about this pattern is that it is made by width instead of height. For some reason I feel like scarves like this go much faster. I am not sure why, but it just works well.

DSCN1896

This pattern is very simple and the scarf knits up quickly. I would agree that this is a quick knit, however, you have to make it thiner than the pattern calls for. I do NOT like super thick scarves. They just fit awkwardly and they take too long to knit. Instead of making this 7 chain-links wide I made it just 3 chain-links wide. As you can see in the picture below it fits nicely and is still wide enough to cover your neck. (I have a rather long neck and you can see it covers mine.)

Pattern #1 Chain Link Scarf

I did not find any mistakes in this pattern and I would recommend it to anyone.

Yarn Choice: Cascade 220 Paints - #9847 (Montego Bay), Cascade 220 - #8909 (Raspberry)

As always you can see more pictures of this project and other projects at my flickr account. Have a great day!

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment