To make it easy to find the pattern you are looking for click on a picture below to go to the project details. We only have the projects that are currently completed, but we will add more and eventually have all of them here for you to navigate through.

Pattern #1 - Chain Link Scarf

Pattern #29 - Cupcake Hat


Friday, July 1, 2011

Pattern #24 Mitered Scarf

#24 Mitered Scarf

Hello everyone, this is Brittany. Today, Em and I enjoyed a wonderful day together. We went yarn shopping, wound yarn, ate bunt cake with strawberries, spent sometime scrapbooking, and then finished our day by knitting with friends. It was a fun packed summer day.

#24 Mitered Scarf

As you can see, the project I am going to write about today is the mitered scarf. This scarf was something I really wanted to make. I know I say that about almost every pattern, but the colors and intricateness of the scarf really spoke to me. This scarf is made in squares and then connected together with triangles. Though I loved the colors used in the book, I chose a few different ones. I liked the way the blue, pink, and green worked together to make this scarf.

#24 Mitered Scarf

Overall, I really enjoyed this pattern. The only complaint I would have is that it is not particularly quick. It is fun to make, but it takes a long time to make all the squares and then put them together. I would not even say that it is a quick knit for a scarf. I have made scarves that take less time than this one. Though it did take a long time to make, I am happy I did it. It turned out beautifully.

#24 Mitered Scarf

One pattern flaw I noticed was in the connecting triangles. Row 13 states that you will continue in the pattern until you have 3 stitches left. I NEVER got down to 3 stitches. No matter how hard I tried it did not happen. I am not sure why I never got to 3 stitches, but it just seemed impossible. Instead when I got down to 7 stitches, I was stuck. The problem was that when you had 11 stitches you sl 1, ssk, k1, s2kp, k1, k2tog, k1. Now to keep with the pattern it would be sl 1, ssk, k-1, s2kp, k-1, k2tog, k1. As we all know you can NOT knit negative numbers. I saw someone else had this problem as well. I experimented with different ways of fixing this problem and this is what I came up with:
sl 1, ssk, s2kp, k1 (4 stitches)
Turn and knit 4 stitches together.

The other thing, that was a slight problem for me, is the fact that I was running out of yarn. I had small amounts of all the colors left at the end, so I attached the middle of the scarf with triangles of all three colors. You can see that in the picture below:

#24 Mitered Scarf

Hope you all enjoyed reading about the project and feel free to share your own ways of fixing the slight error in the triangle connectors.

Yarn Information: Cascade 220 Paints - #9844 (Captain's Bay), Cascade 220 Paints - #9865 (Lucky Clover), Cascade 220 Paints - #9867 (Princess Pink)

As always you can see more pictures of this project as well as other 60 Quick Knits at my Flickr Account.

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment