To make it easy to find the pattern you are looking for click on a picture below to go to the project details. We only have the projects that are currently completed, but we will add more and eventually have all of them here for you to navigate through.

Pattern #1 - Chain Link Scarf

Pattern #29 - Cupcake Hat


Monday, February 21, 2011

Pattern #37 Mock Cable Wristers

I am so happy to say that I am completed with the Mock Cable Wristers!




As I said before, I found these to be quite fun to make. The pattern was easy to follow and they look awesome!!!



One of my favorite things about this pattern was the thumb. Looking back at the thumb, I realized that there was no thumb per say to make. Instead, it was all in the matter of adding a bunch of stitches in between the markers and then binding them off when you wanted the thumb. To me, that was the best way to do an open thumb. I have read patterns (like the ribbed wristers) where you have to do a few rows and then bind off. To me, that's just silly.



For my hands, I would have made these wristers just a tiny bit longer, so they fit my entire hand. I wore them at Stitches West 2011 for the entire weekend and they kept on shifting upwards. However, they did keep me nice and toasty throughout the working day. I caution one to wear these while doing something extensive with your fingers. I was playing piano in church when I couldn't move my fingers apart from each other well enough to hit my notes. I ended up epically failing at a song!!!!

Em

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I'm working on this pattern right now. Is it possible to ask you for some help?

    ReplyDelete