To make it easy to find the pattern you are looking for click on a picture below to go to the project details. We only have the projects that are currently completed, but we will add more and eventually have all of them here for you to navigate through.

Pattern #1 - Chain Link Scarf

Pattern #29 - Cupcake Hat


Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pattern #26 Basketweave Scarf

Hey all, it's Em!
It's spring break over here in Green Bay, WI. Both Brittany and I have been enjoying the nice sunshine here!!! Because it is so nice outside, our knitting has been taking a slight backseat. However, we can promise you that we will be back to knitting as soon as we are settled into this nice warm weather:) (Or it snows again...)


Here we are...enjoying the first "true" week of spring by shopping! (No we didn't get the bling-bling sunglasses...)

I just completed the Basketweave Scarf! I used Creative Focus Nashua Worsted Yarn. I love Nashua because they have such pretty colors. I love the feeling of the yarn in my hands. However, since the yarn splits, it was very hard to knit with this pattern.




I started with a size 7 needle. I was having issues knitting with this smal of a needle. In result, I bumped up to a size 9. I had a lot more luck knitting with a size nine needle. Why? I think it was because of the stitch. With this pattern, one does a lot of stitch twisting. For me, it is easier to do stitch twisting with a larger needle. My hands tend to hurt if it is too small of a needle. Since this yarn tends to split easier than other yarns, it was crucial for me to have the most comfortable yarn and needle combo I could come up with.


I discovered about 1/2 way through the pattern that I needed 2 skeins of Cascade 220 yarn to make this scarf. Nashua Creative Focus has 220 yards on a skein...but I didn't have the correct color to match up with it. Instead of hunting for another skein of this yarn, I decided to make this yarn a scarflet.


I really liked this pattern. It was simple but yet eye appealing. I would advise using Cascade 220 yarn. Cascade rarely splits which will make the knitting process easier.

I will be blocking this scarf soon! I believe that blocking the scarf will give it length and make the edges smoother.

That's all I have for now!
E

No comments:

Post a Comment