To make it easy to find the pattern you are looking for click on a picture below to go to the project details. We only have the projects that are currently completed, but we will add more and eventually have all of them here for you to navigate through.

Pattern #1 - Chain Link Scarf

Pattern #29 - Cupcake Hat


Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pattern #11 Wave Scarf

Brittany Meets Em Scarf

Pattern #11 Wave Scarf

It's Brittany, finally posting again!

Scarves can be so tedious. I normally become bored with them and they end up half done in the bottom of my works in progress bag. This scarf was much different than that. I enjoyed making this scarf from start to finish. The chart was pretty easy to read, but had just enough change to keep me wanting to work on it.

I started this project back in December when I found a beautiful Cascade 220 Quatro yarn at my LYS. I loved the color and thought it would be the perfect color for this scarf. I went home and started knitting. As time went by I slowed down on my progress due to other projects and lack of time. When I picked the project up again I realized I was going to run out of yarn and the scarf was not going to be long enough. To solve this problem, I headed back to my LYS to get the same color. Unfortunately, they were out of that color and I REALLY was inspired to continue working on my Wave Scarf as soon as possible. So, I settled for a different color of the Cascade 220 Quatro yarn. I was a bit nervous about it, but picked a color I thought would really complement the color I had already chose and figured I would make it half and half. I was very nervous because I didn't want to spend a lot of time on something that I would end up disliking and frogging. However, I continued working on my scarf. A couple weekends ago I ran out of the dark blue, purple, and green quatro and added on the turquoise, brown, and light blue yarn. I continued progress on this project and then set it aside.

Last Friday, I was working on it at our Friday Night Knitting Club and Em commented on how much she liked the colors together. We discussed how it kind of looked like colors I really like and colors she really likes. That led to the Wave Scarf being renamed the Brittany Meets Em Scarf. It makes sense because she really likes browns and blues and I really like cool colors like blue, purple and green. The perfect scarf to represent our personalities.

Pattern #11 Wave Scarf

The pattern itself is nothing super complicated but I definitely encourage you to make this scarf. It is fun and each row is slightly different from the last. One error in the pattern which you can find on the errata page is you should skip row 1 of the chart every repeat. The errata page says to skip rows 1-4, but I only skipped row 1 and it worked for me.

My only caution is to keep track of where you are in the pattern when you put it away. I often forgot where I was in the pattern and would end up having to take out a few rows every time I restarted. Also notice that the M on the chart stands for Make 2. At first I kept losing stitches and I could not figure out what I was doing wrong until I realized I was only making one stitch instead of 2.

Yarn Information: Cascade 220 Quatro #1957 (Antigua) & Cascade 220 Quatro #5022 (Oceanside)

Well, as always, I hope you enjoyed my post about this pattern. Do not hesitate to comment if you have any questions about this pattern, or if there is another pattern we have not yet completed that you are looking for help with. We will do our best to answer any questions you have. We may be working on the project you need help with, but just haven't had the chance to post about it yet.

If you would like to see more pictures of this project and other projects completed by me, check out my Flickr Account.

Thanks for reading,
Brittany

1 comment:

  1. This is one I am planning on knitting also! You did a great job and I love the two colors used!

    ReplyDelete