To make it easy to find the pattern you are looking for click on a picture below to go to the project details. We only have the projects that are currently completed, but we will add more and eventually have all of them here for you to navigate through.

Pattern #1 - Chain Link Scarf

Pattern #29 - Cupcake Hat


Monday, February 7, 2011

Pattern #34 Checkered Mittens

Checkered Mittens
The Checkered Mittens were one of the first projects I made from the 60 Quick Knits book. As soon as I saw this pattern I thought of my mom. I started and finished them in July but my mom did not receive them until Christmas Eve. I enjoyed making them, though the thumb was a bit difficult. I noticed after completing them that there was an errata on the thumb. I did not use the errata, though I just adjusted them on my own. The other thing I would like to change is the height of the mittens. I think they seem a snug on my fingers, but my mom has a smaller hand so they work for her.
Checkered Mittens
After my mom received the mittens she said that they seemed very warm. I told her that they were made of wool. She was surprised at the quality of wool and the fact they were not itchy. This is one of the many reasons I love Cascade 220 yarn. It is warm, quality wool that does not cost an arm and a leg to buy.

Yarn information: Cascade 220 Paints #9924 (Blueberry Bliss) & Cascade 220 #7815 (Summer Sky)

For more pictures check out my Flickr Account!
Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment